Gatherings & Conventions
Soapmakers occasionally have meetings, gatherings, conventions where they
meet others in the business, share some ideas and make new friends! Maybe
there's one near your area!
ideas for gatherings:
soap or candlemaking project demonstrations!
* Invite guest speakers to talk about marketing
& selling ideas, display ideas, etc!
* Hold soap or candle swaps!
Example: Each person brings 1
votive or 1 soap bar to put in the swap box, then everybody reaches in and
(hopefully not their own!).
* Have an ugly soap or candle contest!
* Have a recipe swap!
Example: Each person types
up a sheet on a candle or soap project they specialize in, and brings enough
to hand out for everyone at the
* Set up a "sniffy table" with scent samples
for everyone to smell! (don't forget the coffee grounds!)
* Have a "name that scent" contest - blindfold
the sniffers and see if they guess the scents!
* Have a soap or candle trivia quiz and give
out door prizes dontated by sponsoring suppliers!
* Hand out brochures, cards, coupons, and
samples sent by sponsoring suppliers!
* Take photos of the gathering to put on your
website to encourage more visitors next year!
Having a Gathering of your own? Let BC be a sponsor!